Hello

CUSTOMER Brand0008 View all reports by user
PROBLEM

Billing / Accounts

post report
 view customer feedback rating & analysis
INCIDENT Sun 15 Sep
HEADLINE

Ridiculous bank charges

In November 2012, Absa prompted me to bring my university registration forms to stay eligible for student package. I told the employee that I was finishing my studies at the end of 2012. The employee acknowledged the fact, but told me that she was going to register me as a student for 2013 (almost like she was doing me a favour). However 2 weeks ago I decided to work through my bank statements. To my shock I noticed that for the past 6 months I have been paying around R250 a month and not the R20 per month I signed up for. Of the R 1000 I overpaid during the year on bank charges, the manager decided to reimburse me with R300. My questions are, what about the remainder of the over charged bank charges? How can you change a person's package without informing them? Why did no one ask me to bring my student registration? And how can an employee tell me I will be eligible for the student package and then later decide I'm not without informing me? I want my bank to help me and not make money out of me whenever I'm not looking, and if I can't get this help from Absa, I will find a bank that does help me. I did lodge a complaint on Absa's website, nothing came from that.
SUPPLIER'S RESPONSE Absa Time and Date 16:11:57 | Mon 16 Sep 13
Hello Brand0008,

Dear Customer

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will investigate the matter and furnish feedback shortly.

Kind regards

Daphne Le Grange

Group Customer Care

Absa Bank Ltd

Comments

Relevant content (Last 5 Billing / Accounts Problems)

Wed 03 September 2014
Copyright 2012 Hellopeter.com. All rights reserved.