Hello

CUSTOMER Lettiemarais View all reports by user
PROBLEM

Firearm Safekeeping

post report
 view customer feedback rating & analysis
INCIDENT Tue 1 Oct
HEADLINE

Firearms sent for safekeeping

Firearms were picked up by Firearm Trust on 3 May 2010. In August 2012 I requested my two revelovers from them to be handed over to the police for deactivation. Fees were paid up till 3 August 2012, delivery fees for R 684 were not paid, pending delivery. Per e-mail dated 3/09/12, Firearm Trust indicated that they were waiting for Absa Trust to supply them with a letter - SAPS 354. (I inherited the weapons from my husband who passed away in 2009 - Absa Trust was the executors of the estate and is responsible for the documentation for the weapons since I do not have a license for them.) I enquired per fax on 27/02/13 and was told Firearm Trust is still waiting for Absa for the letter. Phoned Firearm Trust various times and everytime Absa Trust was blamed for the delay. E-mailed again on 3/08/13 - still waiting for the letter from Absa Trust.

It has now been more than a year and still the weapons are at Firearm Trust. This is unacceptable, if Absa Trust is the party at fault, surely Firearm Trust can do more than reactively follow up everytime I phone or e-mail to find out what is going on.

Comments

Relevant content (Last 5 Firearm Safekeeping Problems)

No reports have been found that match your search criteria.

Thu 02 October 2014
Copyright 2012 Hellopeter.com. All rights reserved.