Hello

CUSTOMER RamluganR View all reports by user
PROBLEM

POOR SERVICE

post report
 view customer feedback rating & analysis
INCIDENT Fri 2 Aug
HEADLINE

BEING A PRESTIGE CLIENT IS A FARCE

Being a Prestige client one is promised many benefits, however these benefits don't materialise. My recent experiences are:
1)A home loan issue that was resolved after posting an article on Hello Peter.
2)I needed to collect a new cheque card but was told I need to collect it at enquiries. I collected other cards at the branch and was assisted by the Prestige bankers. Oh this is one of the services they offered. no need to wait in the bank. Some banks even send your card to a postal address.
3) I purchased a car on 31/07/2013 % applied via the prestige call centre for finance because I was advised as a Prestige client one would get better rates. To my surprise I was offered 9.7% linked % 10.75% fixed. Surprised because FNB & ABSA offered 10% fixed & I don't even bank with they. I was advised the manager at the branch refused to make a better offer.
My query is as a Standard Bank client are we at the peril of the manager or banker to make a decision on how much to offer its clients or are they protecting their nest eggs. May be someone from Standard Bank can explain this to me, as to how FNB offered 10% % Standard could only offer 10.75%. Where is the preferential rate.
SUPPLIER'S RESPONSE Standard Bank Time and Date 16:08:46 | Fri 2 Aug 13
Hello RamluganR,

Thank you for your posting and allowing us an opportunity to investigate your complaint.

This matter will be assigned to a resolution specialist who will contact you to resolve your complaint.

Kind regards

Complaint Resolution Centre
0860 101 101
011 636 8860 (fax)
ComplaintResolutionCentre@standardbank.co.za
UPDATED RESPONSE Standard Bank Time and Date 16:20:49 | Mon 5 Aug 13
Hello RamluganR,

As per our telephonic conversation the matter regarding the rate was addressed and discussed.

Kind regards

Colin
Complaint Resolution Centre
0860 101 101
011 636 8860 (fax)
ComplaintResolutionCentre@standardbank.co.za
CUSTOMER'S FEEDBACK RamluganR Time and Date 21:11:30 | Mon 5 Aug 13
Not Impressed: Colin, please take note that there was an attempt to discuss the matter. At no point in time have you answered my questions, so the matter was not ADDRESSED. Addressed means that there was some measure of resolution which in this case was not. So once again for myself and the greater public please state the benefits of being a Prestige Client, as currently there are no benefits.

Comments

Relevant content (Last 5 poor service Problems)

Wed 23 July 2014
Copyright 2012 Hellopeter.com. All rights reserved.